Marie-Maude Lecours practices in civil and commercial litigation, mainly in construction law. Since the beginning of her career, she has been involved in a variety of important commercial cases.
Furthermore, she has participated in numerous corporate restructurings of Canadian businesses in an insolvency context and was also involved in many complex bankruptcy files and has experience in representing both creditors and debtors.
Before joining BDBL Avocats Inc. in 2015, she worked as a student, articled student and as a lawyer in an important national law firm.
Marie-Maude Lecours is an important asset to BDBL Avocats Inc., as her practice covers all aspects of litigation, including advising clients, analysing complex files, writing procedures as well as representing clients before the Quebec Courts of all jurisdictions and negotiating settlement agreements.
A representative sample of mandates
- Represented several contractors involved in major construction projects in complex litigation in construction law aspects, particularly legal hypothecs.
- Managed a variety of disputes involving construction law, in demand and in defense.
- Represented a major banking institution in disputes with respect to bankruptcy law and insolvency.
- Acted in various corporate restructuring mandates involving Canadian and international entities.
- Year of Bar 2010 / University of Sherbrooke
Areas of expertise
- Commercial and civil litigation
- Construction law
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
- Professional liability
- Real estate litigation